Selendroid is a test automation framework which is drive of the UI of theAndroid native and hybrid application(app) and the mobile web site with Selendroid. Test are written use the Selenium 2 client API and for the test the application under test must be not modify.Selendroid can be used on emulator and real device and can be integrated as a node into Selenium Grid for scale and parallel test.
- You can testing the applications under test use Selendroid without any modify of the apps. You just needs the binary files (APK) instal on the computer. In the order to installing the binary files on the device, the testing app and mobile apps must be sign with same signed key
- Selendroid testing app can be interacted with multiple device or simulator simultaneously. It is a great advantage of the Selendroid. So you testing your application with various android device to check compatible.
- Selendroid can simulated with human-user action on an apps, such as touch, drop drag and swipe, on device
- You can changing the hardware device (Plug & unplug) during the test without restart or stop the testing. Selendroid recognized the new device automatically
- Correspond to Android API version up, Selendroid is also support the new Android API (From the API 10 to 19)
- Selendroid can also has to some builts in inspector tools to helping you identification the UI elements of application under testing. For example the ID of buttons, text fields, text view…
- Java SDK (minimum 1.6) must be installed & JAVA_HOME config. IMPORTANT: If JAVA_HOME is point to a Java runtime environments, selendroid will be produce error because tool known as the jarsigner are not available!
- Latest Android-Sdk must install and ANDROID_HOME setting. If detail instruction are need, have a look at this guidelines.
- If you are run selendroid on the 64 bit Linux machine, please install:
- sudo dpkg --adding-architectures i386
- sudo apt-getting update
- sudo apt-getting installing libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386
- At least one of the Android virtual devices must be exist or Android hardware devices must be plug into the computer. For best practice about Android device please read this sections.
Selendroid is base on the Android instrument framework. Selendroid testing are written based on theSelenium Testing ToolWeb drivers client API, so it supports full integrated with current Selenium framework.
- Webdriver Clients – The Java client library based on the Selenium. These library should be install on the computer (which is use to developed the test case)
- Selendroid-Servers – The server which run be in the application under the test on Android devices or simulation. This is the main component of the Selendroid architectures
- Android Driver-Application - A builts in Android drivers, Web Views applications to testing the mobile web.
- Selendroid-Standalones – This components is used to installing the Selendroid servers and the app under testing (AUT)
Selendroid can be use to testing already built app. Those Android app (apk files) must exist on machine, where the selendroid-standalone the server will be start. This reason for these is that a customization selendroid-servers for the application under test (AUT) will be create. Both application (selendroid-servers and AUT) must be sign with the same certification in order to the install the apk on the devices.
Selendroid can starts & stop Android Virtual Device (Avd). It will cannot be create new emulator, they must be create manually by the testing. After an emulators has been creating, we recommended the first starting be done manually in order to be ensure everything work as expected.
When create avd, please read the following configure recommendation:
- Whenever possible, using the Intel x86 ABI
- Installed Intel x86 Emulators Accelerating on the Mac and Windows and using KVM on the Linux to enabling hardware accelerate to massive speed up the Emulators
- Using at least the 1024MB of RAM per emulators
- Using at least the 32MB of VM Heaps per emulators
- Configuring the hardware keyboards to be using: hw.keyboards=yes
- Using the Hosting GPU. If the only a black screen is displays, please deactivated this option.
- The number of emulator you can be run in parallel per machine depend heavily on the hardware of machine you using.
- Please makes sure the device has been no screen lock configure.
- Device must be plug in via USB to the computers that the selendroid-standalone components is run on.
- Full compatible with JSON Wired Protocol/Selenium 3 Ready.
- No modify of apps under testing required in order to the automate it
- Test the mobile web use built on Android driver webview apps
- Same concept for automating native or hybrid apps
- UI element can be founded by different location type
- Gesture are supported: Advanced User Interactions API
- Selendroid can interacts with the multiple Android device (emulator or hardware device) at same time
- Exist Emulator are start automatically
- Selendroid support hot plug of hardware device.
- Full integrate as a node into Selenium Grid for scale and parallel test
- Multiple Android targets API supporting (10 to 19)
- Builts in Inspectors to simple testing case developments.
- Selendroid can be extend at runtime with your own extension!
Interested in registering for a free demo session? please call us +91 87545 97596
Think IT Training Reviews given by our students already completed the training with us. Please give your feedback as well if you are a student.
- Experienced MNC Trainers
- Best Infrastructure in Chennai
- Quality based Training
- Placement Assistance
- Materials based on Placement
- Learn,Improve and Achive
fill your phone on hit submit. our team will contact you soon.